Thursday, July 23, 2026

My Anime Crossed-Off List for 2026: Part One

Yikes. It looks like I haven't been writing in this blog for so long (more than 5 freaking years), I swear I can see cobwebs are forming everywhere. *cough* *cough* 

So, how is it been guys? Long time no post. Yes, I know nobody really misses me while I'm gone, but such fact never bothered me anyways. If anyone care for an update from the little old me, well... here it is. As of Jun 2022 - I am officially a published writer! Yeah, I signed a contract a few years ago that keep me busy for an entire year and it seems haven't stopped since (I'm about to release my third book this year if you can believe it!). No, it's not a self-published or anything life that (it's a real deal and I couldn't be more than happier).

With that proclamation - I guess it answer most of the reason why I haven't been writing in here. But, not writing anything doesn't mean that I have entirely stopped watching anime, you know? Far from it. In fact, I think this year have been the year where I actively pick-up watching again. So, are you guys ready to hear all about it? Without further ado - let's go! 

 1.) Tamon-kun Imma Docchi!?

Tamon-kun Ima Docchi!?
Tamon-kun Ima Docchi!?
Picture courtesy of Google

Despite starting serializing as manga back in 2021, I haven't heard a pipsqueak about this anime until a couple of short from Youtube started to make their round. Forget recommendation from friends or your favorite Youtuber - I guess that's really how you find your next anime watch these days. It's from watching those short that I notice that no matter how much time has passes and no matter how much I wanted to avoid watching anime again (at this age) - one simply could not turn her head away when opportunity presented itself. And by watching he first episode alone was enough to convince me that this anime is noteworthy of my time.

Great character design, unique characters, lovely OST and the list just keep going on. If I have a bone to pick with this series - it is how short it is (13 instead of 24 episodes). I mean, one of my favorite character (Kai Rintaro), haven't even made his proper debut yet. Heck, I don't even know how he sound like (with an exception of his singing voice from OST track). Despite of my semi-heartbroken feelings towards the inconclusive fate of my favorite character - that doesn't mean it make this series less interesting. As the title suggested, Tamon Fukuhara main character (MC) really plays his part well in this series and the female MC, Utage Kinoshita plays a good support to Tamon side-B.

Pros:

  • Interesting storyline, strong character development, deep social issues (idol/fans relationship, boundaries, parasocial behavior, side-b of all the characters are creatively shown.)
  • Catchy OST makes me want to play it on repeat!
  • Tamon is really a cutie-pie. Why? How? No one knows. But, he's here now so I might as well enjoy his existence to my heart content!

Cons:

  • Lack of Kai Rintaro (the quiet guy) development. I wanna hear his voice at least once!
  • Too short of an episode (13, instead of 24). Why? How? Please return this series for season 2.

A light-hearted story but deep issues such as depression, isolation and hard-working also shown extensively in this series. Overall, I quite enjoy it and had revisited it a couple of time since. And for that, I'm giving this anime a rating of 8.2/10. 

 2.) Jack of All Trades: Party of None

Jack of All Trades: Party of None
Picture courtesy of Google

Isekai (different world) theme and I - never get on. Part of the reason is because I always view it as lazy writing. Yup, you heard me right. L-A-Z-Y. To be honest, I'm more of a solve-a-mystery of the week kind of girl, which is why I stayed with Detective Conan even after all these years (though I genuinely hope this series will reach it conclusion soon before any of the voice actor's ended up dying again). Still, despite of my initial lack of interest - I found myself drawn to this one because of what MC is fighting for.

"Betrayed by his childhood friend and cast out of the Hero Party, Orhun Dura is branded by his former comrades as jack-of-all-trades but a master of none; alone, he sets out to forge a new path as a solo adventurer."

Oh, boy... oh, boy... I mean, which part of that is not interesting, am I right? I find it hard to resist a good underdog story, man. So, without wasting any time, I begin my journey with Orhun Dura to regain back his honor. Shit, for a second there he kinda sound like Zuko (from Avatar The Last Airbender), but you get my point, right? As Orhun begin his new journey from rock-bottom, his former party begin to realize that without Orhun in their party - they aren't as powerful as they thought they would be. However, pride comes before the fall and they did everything, just about anything - but to accept the fact that they need Orhun back in their life. The journey continues and as a good isekai would have it, equipped with a few harem moments that I don't really care about. 

Still, the journey is acceptable and you can clearly see how Orhun gain his reputation back while making a new friends from a new guild that would accept him. It's certainly not an easy road to get there, but the journey is worth the watch!

Pros:

  • Predictable storyline, but fun ride anyways that made you left wanting more.
  • A heartwarming mentor-protege situation; despite the obstacles that MC had to face.
  • Acceptable character designs and cool black dragon. 

Cons:

  • Harem scenes are too saturated at this point. I can do one anime without this shit.
  • An unnecessary cliffhanger for second season. In my opinion, this series doesn't need to come back. It had achieved it purpose on the first season alone. 
 And for that, I'm giving this anime a rating of 6.5/10. 

3.) In the Clear Moonlit Dusk

In the Clear Moonlit Dusk
Picture courtesy of Google

Imagine this. A pretty girl who so pretty - that she often get mistaken for a boy! Sound familiar? Normal people call that as tomboy, but there's nothing tomboy about Yoi Takaguchi, our female MC. She might be emitting such 'princely aura' without noticing - but that's only because of genetic and nothing more. Despite of the public first impression of her - deep down inside, our girl Yoi is just a girl, standing in front of her man - desire to be loved. 

I gotta say, this anime series have quite a few turn here and there. Sadly, none of which that warms me up towards the male MC, Kohaku Ichimura. He's big, playboy, rich but seem directionless - a trait that is far cry from Yoi despite both hail as 'prince' at their school. Kohaku behaviour at times are questionable and I found so hard to like him even after a couple of episodes that I simply just gives up. I did however, finish this series and these are my pro's and con's if you're interested in watching it as well;

Pros:

  • An okay storyline, with beautiful/masculine/princely type of female MC
  • Beautiful character design.
  • Acceptable episodes (only 13 episodes)

Cons:

  • Subpar male MC
  • Some of the episodes does gets boring after a while. I just can't wait to hurry and finish it up.
And for that, I'll give this series 6.3/10 rating.

4.) Unnamed Memory (Season 2)

Unnamed Memory
Picture courtesy of Google

Haa... what can I tell you about 'Unnamed Memory'? For starter, this isn't even my first rodeo (its my second) and I have reason why. I didn't finished the second season last year, lol. I don't really remember why I stopped, so I had to ransack MAL (Myanimelist) just to see where I left off. Honestly, it's quite a boring fest so I spare you the details. Good news - I finally finished it and here's what I think about it.

Pros:

  • Captivating storyline. A cursed prince and a witch that probably could cure him. Then, they started to fall with each other. How cute is that?
  • Beautiful character design. The prince, Prince Oscar is so handsome and dreamy as f*ck!
  • Acceptable episodes (only 12 episodes per season)

Cons:

  • The second season is a bit draggy and devastating (he lost memory of her and had to go through marriage with someone else. She had to accept it somehow)
  • I just want them to be together forever, is that so hard?
And for that, I'll give this series 6.8/10 rating.

Okay, guys.... there you have it! I know it wasn't a lot, but I just wanted to tell how much I enjoy watching all of these series in my spare time. With that being said and done guys, thanks for reading this entry and I guess I see you soon on my next one. Bye-bye!

Yours truly, 
Mimi Said.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog